Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Require a password for every App Store purchase

I have a 4 year old, a 1 year old and an iPhone. Therefore I am at risk for unwanted App Store purchases. To combat this I can do one of two things: 1. disable the App Store completely or 2. force the App Store ask me for my Apple password before each purchase.

Option number 1 is not really an option but rather a lock down of one if the major selling points of the phone. Option number 2 is more manageable.

Here are the simple steps to help save you time and money.

Step 1: go to Settings
Step 2: go to General
Step 3: go to Restrictions
Step 4: go to Require Password and change from 15 Minutes to Immediately

Note on step 3, if you have not setup a 4 digit pin, you will be asked to do so. Make the pin something you easily remember as you will need this pin to change or set any restrictions going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment